For years, I talked of beginning a meditation practice. I figured it wasn’t anything to plan ahead for- I had heard that once you start down a spiritual path, there’s no going back. Wasn’t sure what that meant but it was too late anyway. By the time you read that phrase, such as now, you’re already a committed seeker.
So one morning, blessedly naive, I woke up and decided to start my meditation practice. 15 years ago, no one had told me there was a ‘right’ way to sit. I didn’t know there were techniques to follow and protocol to observe. I simply knew it had been a longstanding goal of mine, and that I needed to change SOMETHING about my life. So I began. So what are you waiting for?
- Ignore the self talk that says you can’t
- Disregard the people in your life that prevent you from doing this
- You are never too busy to dream
- You are are the right age
- You’ll be educated along the way
- That one door closed so this one can open
- You are fit enough
- You are good looking enough
- You have everything you need
- There are obstacles to everything worth fighting for
- You don’t need permission
- You are in the perfect place, right now, in your life!
- You need no goals, no teacher, or other method than the desire
- Leave behind those things that want to hold you back
- Put your energy where it will pay off